Ferdinand Martin Romualdez is a Filipino lawyer, businessman and politician. He is the currently serving as congressman of the first legislative district of Leyte Province in the Eastern Visayas Region, Philippines. Running under the Lakas Party in the May 13, 2019 election, he defeated Lino Dumas of the Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP).
Complete Name –> Ferdinand Martin Gomez Romualdez
Birthdate –> November 14, 1963 (age 56)
Hometown –> Leyte, Philippines
Father –> former Governor and Ambassador Benjamin “Kokoy” Romualdez, Sr.
Mother –> Juliet Gomez-Romualdez
Brother –> Daniel Romualdez II, Benjamin Philip Romualdez Jr.
Sister(s) –> Marean Romualdez
Spouse –> Party-List Representative Yedda Marie M. Kittilstvedt
Children -> Andrew Julian, Ferdinand Martin, Jr., Mariabella Gabrielle and Maddey
Aunt –> Former First Lady Imelda Romualdez Marcos
First Cousin –> Senator Imee Marcos, Former Senator and vice presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos
College – Cornell University
Degree – Government
Law School – University of the Philippines
* With a Certificate of Special Studies in Administration and Management from Harvard University
Political Career / Work Experiences
* President, Lakas-CMD political party
2019-Present – Majority Floor Leader and Chairman, House Committee on Rules
2004-2016, 2019-Present – Congressman
2016 – Ran for senator but failed to win
Advocacy Programs / Stand on Issues
* Voted NO to ABS-CBN franchise application
* The Romualdez family owns the Manila Standard newspaper as well as Journal Publications, Inc., the publisher of tabloid papers People’s Journal and People’s Tonight.
* Director and legal counsel for the CARPA Realty Development Corporation
* President of Doña Remedios Trinidad Romualdez Medical and Dr. Vicente Orestes Romualdez Educational Foundation
* Former Chairman of the Board, Equitable PCI Bank (Sold to Banco de Oro Universal Bank in 2007)
See also: Famous People from Leyte Province