Imee Marcos is a Filipino politician who is currently serving as senator of the Philippines. Previously, she was governor of Ilocos Norte Province. She is a daughter of former President Ferdinand Marcos and former Ilocos Norte Congresswoman Imelda Marcos and sister of former senator Bongbong Marcos.
Complete Name –> María Imelda Josefa Romualdez Marcos
Nickname –> Imee
Birthdate –> November 12, 1955 (age 65)
Birthplace –> Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
Residence –> Batac, Ilocos Norte
Net Worth –> 36.2 million (as of December 31, 2020)
Net Worth –> ₱34 million (as of December 31, 2019)
Spouse –> Tommy Manotoc (separated)
Partner –> Mark Chua
Sons –> Borgy Manotoc, Matthew Joseph Manotoc, Michael Manotoc
* Matthew is the current governor of Ilocos Norte
Father –> Ferdinand Edralin Marcos
Mother –> Imelda Romualdez
Brother –> Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
Sister –> Irene Marcos-Araneta, Aimee Marcos
Elementary – Institucion Terciana (Now Saint Pedro Poveda College), Assumption Convent
High School – Assumption Convent, American School Makati (Now International School Manila)
College – Princeton University; University of the Philippines College of Law (Not graduated from both schools)
2010-present – Governor, Ilocos Norte
1998-2007 – Congressman, 2nd Second of Ilocos Norte
* Former President, CREAM Content Distribution, Inc.
* Former Chairperson, Kabataang Barangay
* Consultant/Writer, Children’s Television Workshop for Asia
* Director General, Experimental Cinema of the Philippines
Achievements and Awards
* As member of Congress, she authored 30 bills passed into law.
* Producer of the award-winning film Walang Himala starring Nora Aunor
* Death Penalty
* Rights of LGBTQ
* Suspension of Value-added Tax (VAT)
* Lower Prices
* Use of alternative vehicle fuels
Scandals and Controversies
* Imee is accused of falsifying her graduation from three schools including Princeton University, UP College of Law, and California Boarding School. She also claimed in her bio-data that she finished MA MBA from the Asian Institute of Management but AIM denied ever offering such a course.
* Issues of unexplained wealth contained in the “Panama Documents”
* Issues of corruption in Ilocos Norte under her administration which was investigated by Congress
* Torture and murder of activist Archimedes Trajano, a student who was found dead with proof of torture after he questioned Imee’s appointment as Kabataang Barangay National Chairman in 1977
See also: Famous People from Ilocos Norte