Michael John Duavit is a Filipino politician. He is currently serving as congressman of the first legislative district of Rizal Province. Running under the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) Party in the May 13, 2019 election, he defeated PDDS candidate Noli Dazo.
The first legislative district of Rizal is composed of the municipalities of Angono, Binangonan, Cainta, and Taytay.
On October 16, 2020, Congressman Duavit was designated as the caretaker of the first legislative district of Camarines Sur which was vacated with the death of Congresswoman Marissa Andaya. He replaced former Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano who was earlier designated as the caretaker.
Complete Name –> Michael John Roy Duavit
Nickname –> Jack
Birth Date –> February 20, 1970 (Age: 52)
Hometown –> Rizal, Philippines
Wife –> Margaret Abary
Children –> Maria Sophia Isabel, Maria Karina Dominique, and Joaquin Nicolas
Father –> Atty. Gilberto M. Duavit, Former Congressman and Chairman of the Board of GMA Network Inc.
Mother –> Vilma Roy
Brother –> Gilberto Duavit Jr, Former Congressman Joel Roy R. Duavit
Sister –> Judith Duavit-Vasquez
Elementary – Xavier School
High School – Ateneo De Manila University
College – De La Salle University
Degree – Marketing Management
Political Career / Work Experiences
2020-Present – Caretaker Congressman, 1st District of Camarines Sur
2019-Present – Vice Chairperson, House Committee on Appropriations
2001-2010, 2016-Present – Congressman
Bills / Laws / Resolutions
House Bill 159 – AN ACT STRENGTHENING THE RIGHT OF GOVERNMENT TO EXPROPRIATE LANDS FOR SOCIALIZED HOUSING, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE SECTIONS 9, 10, AND 11 OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7279, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE ꞌURBAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING ACT OF 1992ꞌ
House Bill 348 – AN ACT SYNCHRONIZING THE OPENING OF CLASSES IN THE TERTIARY LEVEL IN THE PHILIPPINES
House Bill 4074 – AN ACT SYNCHRONIZING THE OPENING OF ALL CLASSES IN THE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY LEVELS IN ALL SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES
House Bill 6222 – AN ACT REAPPORTIONING THE SECOND LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT OF THE PROVINCE OF RIZAL INTO THREE (3) LEGISLATIVE DISTRICTS
House Resolution 325 – RESOLUTION URGING THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS TO RESTORE CUTS IN THE MAINTENANCE AND OTHER OPERATING EXPENSES OF STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES, AND STUDY OPTIONS TO AUGMENT FUNDING FOR PERSONNEL SERVICES AND CAPITAL OUTLAY
* Chairman, President and CEO of MRD Holdings & Investments, Inc.
* Chairman and Managing Director of Puresound Trading, Inc.
* Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pilapila Land Resources Inc., Thermo-Rigid Polymers, Inc., Psitrad Inc., and Evergreen Multimedia foundation, Inc.
* President/Trustee of Guronasyon Foundation, Inc.
* Research/Creative Consultant at PDR Property Holdings, Inc.
* Technical Consultant at Film Experts, Inc. and GMA Films
* Member, Board of Regents of University of Rizal Systems
* Member, Board of Directors of Antipolo Institute of Technology;
* Member, Board of Directors of GMA Network, Inc., Vigil Inc., Citynet Television, Inc., Rosmar Holdings, Inc. GMA New Media, Inc., Social Investments Fund at Group Management & Development, Inc.,
* Trustee of GMA Foundation, Inc.
RELATED: List of Congressmen of the Philippines 2022 – 2025
See also: Top Government Officials under Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
RELATED: Biography of Rebecca Nini Ynarez , Reynaldo San Juan Jr., Juan Fidel Nograles
See also: Famous People from Rizal Province