Jose Alvarez is a Filipino politician and one of the richest people in the Philippines. He is currently the governor of Palawan Province, considered the last frontier of the Philippines due to its many unexplored hidden treasures such as virgin forests.
Real Name –> Jose Chaves Alvarez
Nickname –> JCA, Pepito
Birth Date –> June 29, 1944 (Age 75)
Birthplace –> Kidapawan, Cotabato Province, Philippines
Hometown –> Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Father –> Engr. Tomas Alvarez
Mother –> Lilia Alvarez
Spouse –> Norma Roa Alvarez
Children –> Jim Alvarez (Died, 2013 in a car crashed in Quezon City)
Elementary – Ateneo de Davao University
High School – San Nicholas College now St. Paul University
College – Cebu Institute of Technology then Xavier University (1964)
Course – Liberal Arts
2013-Present – Governor
2010 – run for governor of Palawan but failed to win
* 1964 – started Car Trading in Cagayan De Oro then expanded to Mandaue, Cebu in 1969
* 1970 – started a logging business in Indonesia
* 1981 – CEO, Pagdanan Timber Corporation
* Later businesses where he held and/or still holding directorship and/or other position in more than 20 companies including Nationwide Princesa Timber, Universal LRT Corporation (BVI) Limited, Asian Carmakers Corp., Columbian Autocar Corp., Kia Motors Philippines, Penta Pacific Realty Corp., and Penta Helicopter Corporation.
I. H.E.L.P. Program – Infrastructure Development, Healthcare, Education, Livelihood, and Protection of the environment
Scandals and Controversies
* Alvarez is accused of deforestation of Palawan but he denied the accusation.
* He was also accused of helping then President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo during the “Hello Garci” controversy. Again, he is vehement in his denial.
Know more about Governor Jose Alvarez by watching the video below.
See also: Famous People from Palawan