Amnat Charoen Province is one of the provinces in the Isan or northeastern region of Thailand. It is bounded on the north by the province of Mukdahan, on the east by Laos, on the south by the province of Ubon Ratchathani, and on the west by Yasothon.
Amnat Charoen Province has an area of 3,161.2 km2 and an estimated population of more than 375,000. Being part of the Mekong River Valley, much of the province is plain with some hills in the north.
What to see and do:
1. Phu Sa Dok Bua National Park
2. Puttha Utthayan and Pra Mongkol Ming Muang
3. Ban Kham Phra Handicraft Centre
4. Don Chao Pu Botanical Park
5. Chaopho Kut Pong Shrine and the City Pillar Shrine