Jaime Bautista is a Filipino business executive and government official. He is currently serving as secretary of the Department of Transportation (DoTr). Previously, he was the president of Philippine Airlines (PAL) which is majority owned by Chinese-Filipino tycoon Lucio Tan.
Read: Success Story of Lucio Tan
Complete Name –> Jaime J. Bautista
Birth Date –> 1957
Hometown –> Metro Manila, Philippines
Net Worth –> N/A
College –> Colegio de San Juan de Letran (1977)
Degree –> Bachelor of Science in Commerce, major in Accounting (Magna Cum Laude)
Post Graduate –> Doctorate in Humanities (Honoris Causa), Central Luzon State University in 2018
Political Career / Work Experiences / Business Interests
June 30, 2022-Present – Secretary, Department of Transportation (DOTr)
* Former President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), Philippine Airlines (PAL)
* Director, Belle Corp., Premium Leisure Corp., and Nickel Asia Corp.
* Non-executive director in Cosco Capital, Inc., Philippine Bank of Communications, Alphaland Corp., Airspeed International Corp., and Gothong Southern Shipping Lines, Inc.
* Various positions at Macroasia Corp., Macroasia Services Corp., Macroasia Airport Services Corp., Macroasia Properties Development Corp., and ETON Properties Philippines, Inc. (all are member-companies of the Lucio Tan business empire.)
* Vice Chairman, Philippine Eagle Foundation
* Member of the Board of Trustees, University of the East
* Member of the Board of Trustees, UE Ramon Magsaysay Medical Memorial Center
* Member of the Board of Trustees, International School of Sustainable Tourism
* Treasurer, Tan Yan Kee Foundation
RELATED: Biography of Ivan John Uy
See also: Top Government Officials Under Ferdinand Marcos Jr.