Quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson, an American writer and philosopher
1. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
2. The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
3. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
4. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
5. Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.
6. Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.
7. To be great is to be misunderstood.
8. Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
9. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
10. For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
RELATED: Quotes from Benjamin Franklin
Very good, Ty:)
Thank you very much for dropping by.
Thank you for your nice words
Thank you for the inspiring words! Have a great day!
Thanks. Have a great day too.
Thanks for including Emerson’s less unfamiliar words of wisdom. I super appreciate the “cause and effect” quote.
Thanks too for your visit and comment. I am glad you like Emerson’s quote.
Complimenti, un bel blog con frasi di buon senso, certo non sono d’accordo su tutto…..