The 15th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival is set to open on August 2 and will run until August 11 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
The following are 11 full length film entries and their respective directors:
1. ANi (The Harvest) – Kim Zuñiga and Sandro Del Rosario
2. Annak Ti Karayan (Children Of The River) – Maricel Cariaga
3. Belle Douleur (A Beautiful Pain) – Joji V. Alonso
4. Edward – Thop Nazareno
5. Fucc Bois – Eduardo Roy
6. Iska – Theodore Boborol
7. John Denver Trending – Arden Rod Condez
8. Malamaya (The Color of Ash) – Danica Sta Lucia and Leilani Chavez
9. Pandanggo sa Hukay – Sheryl Rose M. Andes
10. Tabon – Xian Lim
On the other hand, the ten short films which were accepted out of 168 submissions are as follows:
1. Disconnection Notice by Glenn Lowell Averia
2. Gatilyo by Harold Lance Pialda
3. Heist School by Julius Renomeron Jr.
4. Hele ng Maharlika (Lullaby of the Free) by Norvin de los Santos
5. Kontrolado ni Girly Ang Buhay Niya by Gilb Baldoza
6. Sa Among Agwat (In Between Spaces)by Don Senoc
7. Sa Gabing Tanging Liwanag ay Paniniwala by Francis Amir Guillermo
8. Shoemaker by Sheron Dayoc
9. Tembong (Connecting) by Shaira Advincula
10. Wag Mo Kong Kausapin by Josef Gacutan
The screening committee was composed of Nick Deocampo, Alvin Yapan, Law Fajardo, Milo Sogueco, and Teddy Co.
Lav Diaz’s Ang Hupa (The Halt) will be the opening film for this year while Kerwin Go’s Mina-Anud will be the closing film.