Vico Sotto is a Filipino politician. On May 13, 2019, he was elected mayor of Pasig City, ending the 27-year rule of the Eusebio Clan. He is the son of actor and comedian Vic Sotto and actress Connie Reyes and also the nephew of Senate President Vicente “Tito” Castelo Sotto III. Former Senator Vicente Sotto is his great grandfather.
Jump to Projects.
On October 1, 2021, Vico Sotto filed his certificate of candidacy to seek re-election as mayor in the 2022 election. He was accompanied by his parents, Vic Sotto and Coney Reyes.
Complete Name –> Victor Maria Regis Nubla Sotto
Nickname –> Vico
Birthdate –> June 17, 1989 (Age 32)
Hometown –> Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Father –> Vic Sotto
Mother –> Connie Reyes
Vico has no known girlfriend. In his many interviews, he says he has no time to find a girlfriend. However during the 30th SEA Games, he was seen watching a volleyball game together with Gretchen Ho. Many observers thought he is dating the former volleyball player.
College – Ateneo De Manila University (2011)
Course – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Graduate School – Ateneo De Manila University School of Government
Course – Master in Public Administration
Political Career / Work Experiences
Present – Executive Board Member, Government Watch, Inc.
2019-present – Mayor, Pasig City
2016-2019 – Councilor, Pasig City
2013-2015 – Legislative Staff officer V, Quezon City
Achievements and Awards
* WHO Representative in the Philippines Rabindra Abeyasinghe commended Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto on Friday after the LGU successfully vaccinated 100 percent of its target senior citizens against COVID-19.
* As Mayor, Pasig was given a Gold Award by the Department of Interior and Local Government during the 2nd National Anti-Drug Abuse Council (ADAC) Performance Award
* On February 23, 2021, the United States Department of State picked Vico Sotto as one of 12 recipients of the International Anticorruption Champions Award for his efforts toward anti-corruption.
* As Mayor, Successful anti-corruption policies which allowed the Pasig government to save at least 150 million during the first 5 months of his administration (July-November, 2019)
* As Councilor, Passage of the Pasig Transparency Mechanism Ordinance which made the city the first in the Metro Manila with its own localized freedom of information (FOI) bill.
* River Rehabilitation
* Installation of Solar Panel on rooftops to reduce electricity bill
* Integrated Health Care System – for patients and health workers to easily locate records and health data anywhere in Pasig
* Coronavirus-related Measures to help the people of Pasig
–> Tablets and laptops for students and teachers
–> Sanitation Tent and other disinfecting equipment
–> Transportation services including the use of buses, bicycles and tricycles
–> Mobile kitchens, food packs and other grocery items for the needy
–> Anti-Panic Buying and Hoarding Ordinance
–> Distribution of Vitamins
–> Assurance of full salary to city hall employees including casual employees
–> Cash assistance to PUJ drivers
* Cash gifts for public ES and HS students graduating with Honors
* New Politics
* Anti-Corruption such as anti-fixing activity
* Anti-Nepotism – No family member in his adminstration
* Anti-Dynasty – He said, “Government position is not inherited.”
* Press Freedom
* Poverty Alleviation
* Universal Healthcare
* Full Transparency
* Better Traffic Management
* Assistance to Taal Volcano victims
* Promotion of the Arts
2021 – One of 12 awardees of the International Anticorruption Champions by the United States Department of State
2020 – Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM)
RELATED: Gian Carlo Sotto Latest Biography