Bong Go is a Filipino politician who ran and won as senator in the May 13, 2019 election with the strong backing of President Rodrigo Duterte.
August 30, 2021 – Senator Bong Go declines the nomination of PDP-Laban Cusi-led group for him to run for president. This happened after the senate investigation of irregularities in the use of Covid-19 fund where his name was mentioned several times in relation to former Budget undersecretary Atty. Lloyd Cristopher Lao.
August 6, 2021 – It’s a done deal. The Cusi faction of PDP-Laban adopted a resolution endorsing Bong Go as the party’s standard bearer for president in the 2022 national election and President Rodrigo will be candidate for vice president.
July 26, 2021 – During his last SONA, President Duterte specifically praised Senator Bong Go for spearheading the Malasakit Center project of the government.
March 11, 2021 – President Rodrigo Duterte announced that Senator Bong Go wants to run for president but Bong Go said it was only a joke.
Complete Name –> Christopher Lawrence Tesoro Go
Nickname –> Bong
Birthdate –> June 14, 1974 (age 47 years)
Birthplace –> Davao City, Philippines
Net Worth –> 22 million (as of December 31, 2020)
Family Background and Childhood
Father –> August Tesoro – Founder and owner of a large printing press in Davao City.
Elementary – No Information
High School – No Information
College – De La Salle University Manila
2019-Present – Senator
2016-2018 – Special Assistant to the President
2016 – Personal Campaign Assistant of then Mayor and Presidential Candidate Rodrigo Duterte
1998-2016 – Executive Assistant and Personal Aide of then mayor Duterte
Achievements and Awards
* Promote basketball
* Lower age of criminal liability
* Build “Malasakit Centers” as healthcare and social service facilities
Scandals and Controversies
* Bong Go repeatedly refused to be interpellated by Senator Franklin Drilon on the senate floor breaking the tradition of the senate.
* Alleged involvement in the Philippine Navy’s ₱16 billion Frigate Deal but Bong and Malacanang denied the media reports.
* Premature campaigning for his senate run (also denied)
* Use of Government Resources in his personal campaign but he also denied such allegetion
* Making fun of Kris Aquino and her son with actor Philip Salvador while campaigning. He already called Kris and apologized for it.
* On March 5, 2019, Bong Go gave “cash assistance” to fire victims in Makati. Such act may be considered vote-buying. Continue reading…
See also: Famous People from Davao City
‘They’re really wrong’ – Retrieved 3-14-2019
5 Nagging Questions after the Senate frigates probe – Retrieved 3-14-2019