Bong Go is a Filipino politician who ran and won as senator in the May 13, 2019 election with the strong backing of President Rodrigo Duterte.
On March 11, 2021, President Rodrigo Duterte announced that Senator Bong Go wants to run for president but Bong Go said it was only a joke.
Complete Name –> Christopher Lawrence Tesoro Go
Nickname –> Bong
Birthdate –> June 14, 1974 (age 47 years)
Birthplace –> Davao City, Philippines
Family Background and Childhood
Father –> August Tesoro – Founder and owner of a large printing press in Davao City.
Elementary – No Information
High School – No Information
College – De La Salle University Manila
2019-Present – Senator
2016-2018 – Special Assistant to the President
2016 – Personal Campaign Assistant of then Mayor and Presidential Candidate Rodrigo Duterte
1998-2016 – Executive Assistant and Personal Aide of then mayor Duterte
Achievements and Awards
* Promote basketball
* Lower age of criminal liability
* Build “Malasakit Centers” as healthcare and social service facilities
Scandals and Controversies
* Bong Go repeatedly refused to be interpellated by Senator Franklin Drilon on the senate floor breaking the tradition of the senate.
* Alleged involvement in the Philippine Navy’s ₱16 billion Frigate Deal but Bong and Malacanang denied the media reports.
* Premature campaigning for his senate run (also denied)
* Use of Government Resources in his personal campaign but he also denied such allegetion
* Making fun of Kris Aquino and her son with actor Philip Salvador while campaigning. He already called Kris and apologized for it.
* On March 5, 2019, Bong Go gave “cash assistance” to fire victims in Makati. Such act may be considered vote-buying. Continue reading…
See also: Famous People from Davao City
‘They’re really wrong’ – Retrieved 3-14-2019
5 Nagging Questions after the Senate frigates probe – Retrieved 3-14-2019