Leody De Guzman is a Filipino labor leader, activist and politician. He is currently serving as Chairperson of the Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino, a federation of labor unions.
De Guzman is a candidate for president in the upcoming 2022 election. In 2019, he ran for senator but lost.
Complete Name –> Leodigario Quitain de Guzman
Nickname –> Ka Leody
Birth Date –> July 25, 1959
Hometown –> Naujan, Orienal Mindoro, Philippines
Wife –> Marieza Tolentino
Children –> 3
College –> Philippine Maritime Institute
Degree –> Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration
Political Career / Work Experiences
* Employee, Aris Philippines Inc.
Activism / Affiliations
* Asia Regional Organization of Bank, Insurance and Finance Union (AROBIFU)
* International Council of the International Center for Labor Solidarity (ICLS)
* Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino (BMP)
* Kilusang Mayo Uno (KMU)
* Alyansa ng mga Manggagawa sa Pasig (ALMAPAS)
* Justice for Aquino, Justice for All (JAJA) Movement
RELATED: Biography of Leni Robredo,