Melvin Matibag is a Filipino lawyer, business executive and politician. He is currently serving as president and chief executive director of National Transmission Corporation and as secretary-general of the ruling PDP-Laban Party.
Complete Name –> Melvin Alvarez Matibag
Birthday –> September 15
Birth Place –> San Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines
Hometown –> San Pedro City, Laguna
Wife –> Laguna Board Member and Businesswoman Maria Rene Ann Lourdes A. Garcia-Matibag
Daughter –> Mariana Renee Matibag
College –> University of Santo Tomas
Degree –> Bachelor of Arts major in Philosophy
Law School –> Ateneo de Manila University-School of Law in Makati
* Passed the Bar in 1997
Master –> Wayne State University in Michigan
Degree –> Master of Laws
Political Career / Work Experiences
* Undersecretary, Department of Energy (DOE)
* Secretary-General, PDP-Laban Party
* President and CEO, National Transmission Corporation
* Former General Manager, Manila International Airport Authority
* Lawyer at Certeza & Matibag Law Offices
* In 2013, Atty. Matibag ran for vice mayor in San Pedro City, Laguna but he only placed third, losing to winner Rafael P. Campos.
* Alleged conflict of interest involving his wife Ma. Rene Ann Lourdes A. Garcia-Matibag, an original incorporator of Independent Electric Market Operator of the Philippines (IEMOP) which replaced the state-owned Philippine Electricity Market Corp. (PEMC) as WESM operator. (Read more…). Atty. Matibag denied this allegation.
RELATED: Biography of Ron Munsayac,