J. Joseph Kim is a Korean-American business executive who holds the position of Chief Executive Officer of Inovio Pharmaceuticals, a drug development company. Previously, he worked at Merck & Co where he led the development of several FDA-Approved drugs.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals received funding from the the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to develop a vaccine for COVID-19. The drug is now on human level testing.
Dr. Kim received a doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He finished undergraduate degrees in economics, engineering and biological sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Dr. Kim is affiliated with:
* International Vaccine Institute as Trustee since 2013;
* Council of Korean Americans as Director since 2015;
* The Aspen Institute, Inc. as Member since 2015
* Forum Mondial de L’Economie as Member-Global Agenda Council since 2012
* Aspen Global Leadership Network as Member