Jeff Ortega is a Filipino government official, entrepreneur and occasional actor. At present, he is serving as regional director of the Department of Tourism (DOT) for the Ilocos Region or Region 1. He is a member of the powerful Ortega Family who has ruled the province of La Union for many years.
Complete Name –> Joseph Francisco Ortega
Nickname –> Jeff
Brother –> Governor Francisco “Pacoy” Ortega III
College –> Ateneo De Manila University
Course –> Political Science
Graduate School –> Ateneo De Manila University taking up Master in Business Administration (MBA)
* Jeff is the owner and founder of the following businesses:
1) La Union Surf School (LUSS) located in San Juan, La Union
2) Mad Monkeys – a burger restaurant
3) Soul Surf – organizer of international music festival
4) Flotsam and Jetsam Artist Beach Hostel also located in San Juan, La Union
5. Funky Quarters Boutique Hotel also in San Juan
6. Easy Adventure in Baler
Political Career / Government Service
Jeff is the current regional director for Ilocos Region (Region 1) of the Department of Tourism. Previously, he was assigned as regional director for CaLaBaRZon or Region 4A.
Jeff is the current boyfriend of actress Jasmine Curtis Smith
On October 20, 2020, Jeff introduced Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. as a former senator and vice president in a gathering to introduce DOT’s branding for the Ilocos Region. Netizens pointed out that this is a blatant disregard of the law since Bongbong Marcos was never proclaimed nor appointed as vice president. It is Leni Robredo who is the sitting vice president although her election is under protest at the Supreme Court.
See also: Arturo Valdriz Biography