Baguio City tourist spots are here!
Baguio is a mountain resort city located in the province of Benguet within the Cordillera Region. Because of its high altitude, it is the coldest city in the Philippines. For this reason, it was declared the Summer Capital of the country during the early years of the American occupation. Go here to read the history and economic development of Baguio City.
Aside from enjoying the generally cool climate and the ubiquitous pine trees, there are recommended places to visit. They are:
1. Burnham Park – Located at the very center of the city, the park contains a manmade lake for boating and surrounding it are pathways for walking and biking. Pine trees and flower plants all around, it is perfect for morning jog, noontime picnic, or afternoon stroll.
2. Baguio Cathedral (Our Lady of the Atonement Church) is one of the most photographed churches in the philippines.
3. Camp John Hay – Formerly a military base and now a mixed-used commercial area, Camp John Hay still has the biggest remaining forest cover in Baguio City.
4. Mansion House – the president’s summer residence
5. Mines View Park – with a good view of the nearby mining areas
6. Tam-awan Village – a showcase of Ifugao native houses and culture
7. Lourdes Grotto – sits atop a hill and can be reached only through a hundred and more concrete steps
8. Session Road – the city’s most beautiful and is closed to vehicles during special occasions.
9. Good Shepherd Convent – The home of the Religious of the Good Shepherd or Good Shepherd Sisters. You go there not just to pray in their tranquil chapel but also to buy some of the best home-made food items such as jams and peanut butter.
10. Baguio Night Market – The term “Ukay Ukay” is believed to have originated in Baguio City. It refers to a flea market or store where second-hand clothings and other items are sold at very cheap prices.
11. Wright Park – a great place for family outing. It abounds with trees and areas for selfie-addicts. Of course, don’t miss the main activity in the park: horseback riding.
12. Philippine Military Academy – Established during the commonwealth era, the primarily training ground for future military leaders offers not just historical value to the traveller but also fascinating views and perfect areas for strolling.
13. Dinosaurs Island
14. Kennon Road also called Zigzag Road – It provides one of the most stunning road views in the Philippines. A proposal have been made in Congress to make Kennon Road a National Heritage Zone.
15. Baguio City Museum
16. Igorot Stone Kingdom