If you are in Thailand, there are five important words to remember. They are
- Khrup – a word uttered by a male speaker at the end of a sentence. It is not necessary to mention it after every sentence. It is also used to mean “yes” as a reply.
- Ka – a word uttered by a female speaker at the end of a sentence. Like khrup, it is not necessary to use it after every sentence. It can also mean “Yes” as a reponse.
- Sawadee – this word is used to greet another person, usually an elder, a person of authority or another person of the same age. Example: Sawadee ka or sawadee khrup.
- Mai pen rai – it means no problem, it’s okay, or never mind.
- Kop Kun khrup/ka – thank you. If you like to say “thank you very much” then you say “kop kun mak khrup for male/kop kun ka for female”