Quotes from Deepak Chopra, an Indian-born American author and public speaker
1. There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
Every time you react in the same old way, ask yourself whether you are a prisoner in the past or a pioneer in the future.
2. If you focus on success, you’ll have stress. But if you pursue excellence, success will be guaranteed.
Happiness is a continuation of happenings which are not resisted.
3. A risk-free life is far from being a healthy life.
4. Modern medicine, for all its advances, knows less than 10 percent of what your body knows instinctively.
5. Anything that is of value in life only multiplies when it is given.
6. I teach people that no matter what the situation is, no matter how chaotic, no matter how much drama is around you, you can heal by your presence if you just stay within your centre.
7. Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.
8. Wealth is the progressive realization of worthy goals, the ability to love and have compassion, meaningful and caring relationships.
9. The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.
10. Holding on to anything is like holding on to your breath. You will suffocate. The only way to get anything in the physical universe is by letting go of it
RELATED: Quotes from Khalil Gibran