Salvador Panelo is a Filipino lawyer, politician and government officials. At present, he is serving as Chief Presidential Legal Counsel of President Rodrigo Duterte.
Salvador had a son who passsed away in 2017 due to heart complications from Down syndrome.
Elementary –> Murphy Elementary School
High School –> Roosevelt Memorial High School (1962)
College –> University of Nueva Caceres
Degree –> Political Science and English
Law School –> University of the Philippines College of Law (1974)
* Passed the bar in 1974.
Atty. Salvador Panelo handled the cases of many high-profile personalities. Among them are:
1. Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr. for his involvement in the 2009 Maguindanao massacre
2. Former Commission on Elections Chairman Benjamin Abalos who was implicated in 2007 Election Scandal
3. Calauan Mayor Antonio Sanchez who was tried for the 1993 Eileen Sarmenta and Allan Gomez murder
4. Family of former President Ferdinand Marcos in relation to recovering their ill-gotten wealth
5. Dennis Roldan for the kidnapping a Filipino-Chinese boy in 2005
6. Deniece Cornejo for her rape case against actor Vhong Navarro
7. Philip Medel who was convicted in the murder of actress Nida Blanca
Political Career / Work Experiences
20169-Present – Chief Presidential Legal Counsel
2018 – April 13, 2020 – Presidential Spokesperson
1987 -2016 – Private Lawyer
1977-1987 – Legal Officer, United Laboratories
See also: Famous People from Camarines Sur