Ronald Cardema is a Filipino government official who presently heads the National Youth Commission.
Complete Name –> Ronald Gian Carlo L. Cardema
Nickname –> Ronald
Birthdate –> (No Information)
Birthplace –> Calamba City, Laguna, Philippines
Spouse –> Ducielle Marie Suarez
Elementary – No information
High School – Maquiling School in Los Baños, Laguna
* Ronald was the high school Corps Commander.
College – University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
* Ronald was ROTC Class President.
* As a student, he was a member of the leftist group League of Filipino Students
College – Philippine Military Academy
* He was dismissed from PMA because he communicated with CPP-NDF-NPA leader Jose Maria Sison regarding the death of his uncle.
* Political Affairs Officer in the House of Representatives
* Consultant in the National Security Council
* Served as NYC Commissioner representing Luzon from August 2017 to August 2018
* appointed Chair of the National Youth Commission replacing Cariza “Ice” Seguerra on August 24, 2018
* National Chairman of the Duterte Youth Movement
* Secretary-General for Luzon of the Tapang & Malasakit Alliance (Alliance of all Duterte Groups & Supporters under Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte)
Achievements and Awards
* Plaque of Recognition given by the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippine
* Return of the Mandatory ROTC Program
Scandals and Controversies
Ronald Cardema is currently the subject of intense criticism for recommending the expulsion of anti-government students from the government scholarship program. Some groups are calling for his resignation as chairman of the National Youth Commission but he refuses to quit.
Ronald is also under hot water for having a conflict of interest regarding his chairmanship of the commission while his wife Ducielle Marie Suarez is the first nominee of the party-list group Duterte Youth of which he himself is the leader.
It has also been found out that Ronald did consulted Jose Maria Sison, the titular head of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) and the National Democratic Front (NDF) about projects of the Duterte Youth.