Elvis Presley is alive in Thailand.
On this day, January 8, we remember the birth of the man who is considered the King of Rock and Roll. He was born on this day in the year 1935 in Tupelo, Mississippi, USA. Although he already died 41 years ago in 1977, he still lives through his music and still performs in bars, concerts and other venues through impersonators or through videos. And right here in Thailand, he is adored by many Thai people so much that concerts have been and will be organized in his name.
Consider the following events:
* In 1960, When the late King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit visited Hollywood, they met and had a photograph taken with Elvis Presley.
* In 2006, “The Elvis Presley in Concert” was held at the Impact Arena in Muangthong Thani, Nonthaburi Province.
* In 2010, Elvis Presley Festival, a nightly performances featuring Elvis Presley songs was organized in Chiang Mai Province.
* In 2016, Elvis impersonators,Jibb Vasu, Arthur Husian and Jaruek Viriyakit, conducted a concert dubbed “The Three Kings of Bangkok”.
* In 2018, Father Ted’s bar in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan featured Arthur Hussain as Elvis. That same year, The Legend of Elvis was exhibited at T.O.T. Headquarters in Bangkok.
* There is a facebook fan club in Thailand, though with only hundreds of followers.
Indeed, Elvis Presley has become a cultural icon and a significant one at that, not only among Americans but also among many people around the world,
He died on August 16, 1977 at a young age of 42.